· There was no punctuation until the 15th century.
· A fly that appears to have drowned can be revived with the use of everyday table SALT
· The word taxi is spelled the same in English, German, French, Swedish, Spanish and Portuguese.
· The word 'News' is actually an acronym standing for the 4 cardinal compass points - North, East, West, and South!
· There are more telephones than people in Washington, D.C.
· The weight of air in a milk glass is about the same as the weight of one aspirin tablet.
· The number of births that occur in India each year is higher than the entire population of Australia.
· The New York Stock Exchange started as a coffee shop.
· On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
· New York's Central Park is nearly twice the size of the entire country of Monaco.
· It's estimated that millions of trees are accidentally planted by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them.
· It takes 492 seconds for sunlight to reach the Earth.
· In many countries, urine was used as a detergent for washing.
· Each day, more than $40 Trillion Dollars changes hands worldwide.
· By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.
· Blue eyes are the most sensitive to light, dark brown the least sensitive.
· The can opener was invented 48 years after the can.
· Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating.
· Pageant Models often smear Vaseline on their teeth so their lips won't stick when smiling.
· One punishment for an adulterous wife in medieval France was to make her chase a chicken through town naked.
· It is now possible to print human skin with an inkjet printer.
· In Albania, nodding your head means 'no' and shaking your head means 'yes'.
· A lot of lovemaking can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural antihistamine.
· In Venezuela, fuel costs around $0.02.
· The volume of the Earth's moon is close to the amount of the Pacific Ocean.
· If you went out into space, you would explode before you suffocated because there's no air pressure.
· Having sex can reduce a fever because of the sweat produced.
· An elephant can die from a broken heart.
· The song "3" by Britney Spears is 3 minutes 33 seconds long.
· A DAY is longer than a YEAR on Venus.
· Homosexuality was listed as a mental illness with the American Psychiatric Association (APA) until 1973.